Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Reading

I have been looking forward to the Summer so that I can assimilate some good literature.  Right now I am reading The King's Achievement by one of my favorite authors - Msgr. Robert Hugh Benson.  His Come Rack! Come Rope! and The Lord of the World were two of the best books I have ever read.  The King's Achievement is about Henry VIII's destruction of the monasteries.  In addition to the Benson I am also making my way through the very short Dominus Est - It is the Lord by Archbishop Athanasius Schneider.

Another summer book will be The Path to Rome by Hillaire Belloc.  I am going to save that for my trip next week to the Colloquium.  The book is about a journey so I thought it was appropriate.  On the list for July will be Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz and some other secular classic yet to be chosen.  That will take me all the way up to the beginning of the school yet no doubt.






2 comments:

rsctt603 said...

thank you for the suggestions... this year "we are all Catholics!"

www.wayfarersquest.com

PharmerGirl said...

I had no idea that Hillaire Belloc wrote serious Christian literature. I thought that she or he was a publisher of hilarious English fiction, so I learned something new today.

"The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice." - G.K. Chesterton