Here is a review done by Fr. Z (like he needs the plug!) which I could never do. Nor would I have any business doing it since these books are not usable by me other than perhaps something to look nice on my shelf.
REVIEW: New Editions of 1962 Altar Missals
I have reviewed some PCP Books here before:
3 comments:
I get the feeling he doesn't like all red ribbons. Even though my daily missal has five different colored ribbons, I don't rely on color. I rely on their relative position in the book. I think most people are this way and color doesn't really matter.
He gives the impression that he's merely biding his time with the "discontinuity and rupture people” who - keep in mind - possess spheres of influence and pass on their viewpoints to younger people, as he does.
great review, sounds like good reads, thanks for sharing.
For ribbons I don't much care what colors they are either. I prefer darker colored ones. One breviary I had rebound came back with a pink ribbon which annoys me. Another I have has all dark blue ribbons that I affixed myself.
Regarding the people comments he makes I don't know what to write except that its fair to say we all are trying to influence folks one way or another. I just posted the review link because I wanted to show the book.
Post a Comment